Hi everyone! As halloween is just round the corner I thought I would bake some halloween cupcakes. Also check out my youtube channel hannahxoxoblog . I hope you enjoy and I hope you have a lovely halloween.
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
• 4tbsp boiling water
• 40g cocoa powder
• 3 eggs
• 175g unsalted, softened butter
• 165g unrefined golden caster sugar
• 115g self-raising flour
• 1tsp baking powder
Ingredients for Buttercream Icing:
• 140g softened butter
• 280g icing sugar
• 1-2 tbsp milk
• A few drops of orange food colouring
• Brown cupcake cases
• Black sprinkles
• Halloween toppers
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 400℉ / Gas mark 6
2. Sift the cocoa powder into a bowl, pour the boiling water and mix into thick paste.
3. Add the eggs, butter, caster sugar, self-raising flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix.
4. Once mixed line a muffin tin with cupcake cases. Divide the mixture equally between the 12 cupcake cases. Then bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and springy to the touch.
5. After the cupcakes are done let cool completely. For the buttercream icing beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half of the icing sugar until smooth.
6. Add the remaining icing sugar and one tablespoon of milk and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth. Beat the milk, if necessary, to loosen the mixture.
7. Stir in the orange food colouring until well combined. Then pipe the buttercream icing onto the cupcakes.
8. Decorate with black sprinkles and the halloween toppers. Finally, enjoy!